Join us in the fight to end homelessness by becoming a part of our annual campaign. The goal of LAMP’s annual Changing Lives Campaign, a series of fundraising, outreach activities, and educational events, is twofold:
- To raise funds to support LAMP’s major programs, which include but are not limited to LAMP’s Homeless Shelter; Day Center; and Outreach Services for the unsheltered Homeless
- To educate the citizens of Valdosta and Lowndes County about the plight of the homeless and the role LAMP plays in ministering to this population
Donations may also be mailed to LAMP, P.O. Box 3502, Valdosta, GA 31604. Contact Development Director Sharah Denton at [email protected] with donation inquiries.
Donate to LAMP When You Shop on Amazon
Share this link: http://smile.amazon.com/ch/58-1597700 and ask your donors, volunteers, employees, and friends to bookmark this link so all their eligible shopping will benefit Lowndes Associated Ministries To People Lamp Inc.
Other Ways You Can Help
If you are interested in giving to LAMP through your time, services, or goods, please contact LAMP at 229-245-7157. Volunteers may contact Gayle Moreen at [email protected].
Local churches or organizations interested in providing a meal for LAMP residents may contact Strategic Partners Committee Chair Jennifer Thornton at [email protected].
By supporting the Changing Lives Campaign YOU help LAMP fulfill its mission. Your partnership will help LAMP to:
- Provide a Homeless Shelter for emergency and long-term housing for homeless families, single parents and children, women and men with the goal of returning them to self-sufficiency
- Provide a Day Center for the daily needs of homeless people, such as: laundry facilities, restrooms, showers, toiletries, point of contact, and refuge from the extremes of weather
- Provide Outreach Services for unsheltered homeless
- Facilitate Empowerment classes in the Homeless Shelter, such as: money management; stress and time management; parenting; resume writing; job interview skills; computer classes; GED classes
- Enable non-contributing individuals to become productive members of our community and our local economy. 80% of the people who complete LAMP’s programs never need assistance again!
- Bestow the gift of self-reliance
- Give people hope for a better and brighter future